Among the discussed changes and leaks, media are predicting the following:
- An unbreakable display – It appears that Apple have signed a deal to use quite a bit of sapphire glass in its phones. According to techradar.com the company is buying up enough to use the super-hard technology for its displays.
- Display Size – Two Bigger Screen Sizes – Accoringat least two bigger screen sizes — 4.7-inch and 5.5- or 5.7-inch
- Thickness – the iPhone 6 will apparently be 6mm (0.2 inches) thick. This design is smaller than the the iPhone 5s’ which is 7.6mm (0.3 inches) in thickness.
- An anodized aluminum body – which according to media is taken from the iPod Nano
- Storage Capacity – it will apparently come with 64GB of storage capacity
- Curvaceous Design – similar to iPhone 5C’s design
- Touch ID fingerprint
Today we will showcase some of the concept designs:
1. Federico Ciccarese
Ciccarese has based his concept design on what a larger iphone may look like and how it may feature at least 2 bigger screen sizes: 4.7-inch and 5.5- or 5.7-inch. On his blog he writes “The resolution of screen allows the icons reorganization on the springboard. More details are clearly visible from the images”.
2. Mark Pelin
Pelin is a Dutch industrial product design student. He also has created some concepts of the new phone based on some of the leaked specs. The dailymail.co.uk explain: “Rumours suggest the iPhone 6 will be 6mm (0.2 inches) thick, which is smaller than the iPhone 5s’ 7.6mm (0.3 inches) design. This has led to rumors the handset will be known as the iPhone Air. The antenna stripes on Pelin’s mockups (pictured) are 1mm wide – thinner than what’s appeared on the leaked dummy models”.
Italian ad agency SET Solution shared an iPhone Air concept. It features a Touch ID fingerprint scanner as well as a larger edge-to-edge display. The ultra-thin design weighs only 70 grams compared to the iPhone 5s which weighs 112 grams. Some media have said however that it isn’t exactly what Apple are planning. BGR.com have stated for example “while the renders look great and introduce some believable handset characteristics, they are not based in any way on what Apple actually has in mind for its upcoming generation of smartphones”.
4. Martin Hajek
Hajek explains on his site “Based on the latest leaked information I read on www.iphoneclub.nl I decided to update the MacFan iPhone 6 concept by adding a twist, or rather, a slight curve to the screen edges”. Below you will see some of Hajek’s concepts. He goes on to say “This way the 4.7″ version can be made a whopping 4mm narrower – looks like a nicer fit to the hand”!
It won’t be long now until Apple release the new iphone 6 and it will be interesting to see which of these design concepts actually come about.