Type: Web Design
# of pages: 246
Price: $38.75 Buy This Book Now
jQuery Mobile is a powerful and integrated tool for mobile device platforms that allows work to be done on the framework including more platforms, features, and better performance on the different mobile devices, tablets, desktop platforms, and e-readers. jQuery Mobile allows changes to be made to HTML and CSS codes that authorizes mobile websites to be transformed into a more user-friendly version. Co-Authors, Raymond Camden and Andy Matthews, have written their new book, jQuery Mobile Web Development Essentials, for any user wanting to get their hands busy and expand their experience in mobile development. Web pages may not always open well in a mobile browser and adding jQuery Mobile can drastically improve the page visibility and enhance mobile web features and data attributes.
- Create jQuery Mobile projects which involve downloading jQuery Mobile files and using simple HTML.
- Add multiple pages to a single jQuery file, how to add and modify links to other pages, and how to handle URL links and updates.
- Enhance webpages with customized buttons, headers and footers, turning them into useful navigation toolbars and creating fixed positioned toolbars.
- Create lists to provide menus to mobile users such as simple lists, linked lists, inset lists, sub-menu lists, and split lists. Learn to also enhance those lists with list dividers, count bubbles, thumbnails, and icons.
- Handle forms and how to use of controls such as the search, toggle, and slider.
- Create and link dialogs, lay out content with grids, and work with collapsible blocks.
- Handle physical page events such as scrolling, swiping, touching and how the jQuery Mobile app listens to them and responds.
- Enhance jQuery Mobile using visual building blocks, custom themes, and custom icons.
- Create native apps using HTML and PhoneGap.
- Build a RSS Reader app and learn the RSS features.
jQuery Mobile Web Development Essentials teaches readers through text and image examples how to create mobile-optimized websites with easy and practical guidelines. jQuery Mobile is compatible with all major browsers and is suitable for any person wanting to create mobile optimized websites with enhanced designs and user interactivity. Knowledge of HTML is suggested as jQuery Mobile is easier to use for those who understand the basics of HTML. The authors have links to additional resources and a user forum for any jQuery topic not already covered in the book. The jQuery Mobile tool is touch-friendly and free to use for any purpose.